Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Opa's Influence"

Several folks in our church are avid bloggers, and I enjoy reading them. I love watching God at work in peoples lives. This morning I read Words of a Wolfe. Becky wrote about dryness, the dust of the earth, and the scorch of summer boredom. She then brought her readers to the Psalms and provided a way out of our three month sentce of boredom.


I had to chuckle because although we at the Brouwer house were feeling a bit of the same, we got over it in a more worldly way. I confess to all of you my sin, therefore if something were to happen to me you would all know where to look for the guilty party, (my daughter). Let me explain.

We have Mercy and Dawson (our grandkids) with us for a few weeks and this morning we did a "no no". I decided that at 54 I could have whatever I wanted for breakfast, so today I had a bowl of ice cream and two huge chocolate cookies. The kids snitched on me to Oma, who was niether impressed or sympathetic to my freedom of choice speech. In the end, I won the kids over and they joined me in my sinful choice. They too, had a bowl of ice cream (Neapolitian) and chocolate cookies. So far today has not been boring, our enegry level is good and I sense the happiness of being at Oma and Opa's place. The kids are talking, singing, clapping and dancing, all while colouring and painting as they run from room to room helping their Oma with her housework. Life is good, but, I think I'll get my bible and go outside for a walk.

2 comments:

#$@%^$# said...

Way to go guys!! That sounds like a great way to energize and begin your day, and Ed I know well what a happy and welcoming place your home can be so I have no doubt how happy and content Mercy and Dawson must be.

Becky Wolfe said...

hahahahaha

I don't think ice cream & cookies constitutes as a sin for beating the heat. (Getting caught for it however may be worse than a sunburn but it sounds like it was worth it)

Besides, lots of times Lawrence has pie & icecream for breakfast so I see no shame in using cookies!!