Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007


It is almost here! The season that we've all been looking forward to. The colors, the smells, the crispness in the air.... ahhhh.

Sweaters - I know that sounds strange, but I like sweaters.

Yet in all of this I really like the Fall because it is a season for families to get together. Local fairs, Thanks-giving dinner, campfires, nights around the kitchen table playing Settlers eating Pumkin pie. Our annivesary (33rd) and Judi's birthday (29th).


Or perhaps it is that the autumn season calls us back to a closer communion with God. The summer is filled with so many distractions (not all bad of course). But summer always seems to focus on self interests. You may have another point of view, but I for one look forward to the days that lay ahead.


Psalms 90:12 Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.


2 comments:

Becky Wolfe said...

yes oh yes, I do love the fall most of all. I can't wait for the tourists to leave (sorry to the tourists) but I like Osoyoos cuz its a small town. I can't wait to have the lake back to myself & get out in my kayak again. And I too LOOOVE sweaters, cool mornings, hot chocolate & it feels like that things 'get back to normal' in the fall. Back to routine or new routines start. either way. I can't wait.

Great time for photography too. Can't wait to come see those aspens!

Being Mrs Miles said...

I agree with Becky, mornings with an 'edge' and the light changes in the fall, giving all photography an almost surreal sharpened look. The sky's never so blue as in fall, and I love apples being picked in the orchard. The lake is slowing down of noisy boats, and the vineyards across the way will turn golden. Soon the sumac will drip like rubies from the branches. Ahhh and FRESH apple pie. Fresh. Thanks for sharing - and wow - a miricle, you've had more anniversaries than Judi has had birthdays...