Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Trouble With Lists...


The trouble with lists is that they are usually incomplete. I forgot to say, I like rainy days, most people don't. You see them running here and there afraid to get their hair wet. I'd like to raise my hands up toward heaven and let the rain (especially spring rain) run over my head and down my neck. (nuts eh?) If I wasn't so shy, I'd dance a little dance and sing in the rain (good movie).


To be honest our likes and dislikes can change. Some change over time, usually a long time, others can change over night. It is disturbing to discover how easily our emotions can change.


I suppose if people can fall in love, it would seem reasonable they could also fall out of love. However, my not liking broccoli (did I say I don't like broccoli) doesn't affect the broccoli. There are no Veggi therapists that I know of. I am saddened by the increase in broken relationships, especially marriages. May God be allowed to bring healing. According to my message for this Sunday "imaturity" can be contributed to much if not all of the relationship problems we face today. Could it be that we simply need to "grow up"?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would help if people remember that love is a verb and then choose to do it. As well it shouldn't be cheapened, as it so often is, or used as another word for attraction.

But having said that, I do "Love the Rainy Nights". Ya and brocoli too, especially with melted cheese sauce.