Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Monday, January 28, 2008

I like: Fall mornings... Mountains at daybreak... The sound of horses eating hay... The aroma of fresh cut wood... The echo of a hymn coming from a church on Sunday morning.

I don't like: Starched shirt collars... Crabby women... Complaining men... My feet being touched... Wet bread... Broccoli... Pineapple on pizza... Anyone who hurts children.

I like: A big bowl of ice cream (any flavor)... The sound of children laughing... Frost on the windowpane... Coffee brewed over a campfire... Summer thunderstorms... The sound of a frieght train in the mountains.

I don't like: Gossip... people who never have a good word... Mice... Dreary days... Whipped dogs... Poor losers... Broccoli... People who feel sorry for themselves.

I like: A sun setting over a quiet lake... An early morning cattle drive... A dun horse... My wife's eyes... R&B music... Logs burning in the fireplace... Black licorice... Dial "Gold" soap... The sound of a 440 Mopar motor.

I don't like: Empty houses... Cooked Cheese... The sound of the phone ringing at 3 in the morning... Hypocrites... Broccoli, did I say Broccoli?

5 comments:

#$@%^$# said...

Hi There,

That was humorous to read, but you forgot one thing, neighbors knocking at your door at 5:30 in the morning ;)

Korina & The girls

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

I didn't mention that because I like the fact that my neighbors would trust us enough to come to our house at 5:30 in the morning but I hate the reason behind it.

Becky Wolfe said...

hehe - You can pass your broccolis to me - with melted cheese on them! I don't like pineapple on pizza either...or my feet or other peoples feet! Hmmm, we had banana splits for supper - my first craving but else its usually Lawrence who is the icecream fan. I love the smell of fresh cut wood and campfires also! I can't imagine anyone who might like wet bread - ew! Fun & Funny list!

#$@%^$# said...

Thanks :) Me too, but I tuly believe you guys were brought into my life for a good reason and that the reason for that 5:30 am visit was all part of the bigger plan even though I don't like it either, but thanks for always being there for me.

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

I guess most of us are pretty much the same ... with a few peculiar distinctions.

The wet bread goes back to when I was a kid... mom would make lunch with frozen bread - by the time lunch came the bread would be defrosted... but usually one corner was a bit soggy - uchhh!