Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Psalm 23

Almost 3000 years ago, the Psalmist, David, wrote a few lines of poetry that have endured through the ages. It is perhaps the best loved and most often repeated poem in the Western World. It is used most often at a time like this for our comfort and stability.

You may have read it many times, but you may not have read the Message Bible version?

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word, you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through Death Valley,
I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.
You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Becky Wolfe said...

The Message always cracks me up! "Six Course Dinner" I can't wait!

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

Yes - I agree I can't wait but one thing I do pray for - that there would be standing room only! I pray no one misses out.