Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

THANK YOU JESUS!

What a great week-end! On Saturday we had an incredible time of fellowship, dreaming and planning. The pizza was good too! I was real impressed with the sacrifice so many made to be part of the planning. My family and I have never experienced this much support. Sunday morning we were very pleased to have 5 first timers along with our regulars. What an encouragenent to share Christ with so many new friends. We had a "real" time together. As a first service it was exciting to see who God has brought together. We had fellowship before and after. We had several testimonies and a great time of prayer. The word was simple and clear yet powerful. It felt more lke a conference seminar as we sat around tables and interacted during the sermon.

The highlight for me was the "buzz" of conversation after the service... someone noted that it was after one oclock and we should maybe go for lunch. We cleaned up and 16 of the group went out for lunch together. Judi and I along with Erhard and Theresa left the resturant after 4:30. To say we were excited would be an understatement.

We have had several e-mails from folks looking for us... we now meet at the Sonora Community Centre, 8505 68th Ave, Osoyoos

4 comments:

#$@%^$# said...

Congrats you guys!! That is wonderful, I knew it would be great!! And I'm glad it was! I just wish I could have been there too!!

The Meier's said...

So glad you all had a wonderful experince on the first day in the new location. God bless you all as you Follow Him With All Your Hearts! We are excited to see what God has in store for you all.

Becky Wolfe said...

Wow - I'm sad that we had to leave early but I'm most certain that the future holds MANY more lunches to come!

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

Thanks for the notes of congrats and kind words! Wish you guys could have been there.

And to Becky we were sad you had to leave early as well! And you are right there will be many more lunches!

I hope you had a good week with Mom.

CU Sunday we hope