Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Ninth Century Sufi, Bayazid Bastami, says this about himself: “I was a revolutionary when I was young and all my prayer to God was, ‘Lord give me the energy to change the world.

“As I approached middle age and realized that half my life was gone without my changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to, ‘Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me. Just my family and friends, and I shall be content.’

“Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my prayer now is, ‘Lord, give me the grace to change myself.’ If I had prayed for this right from the start I should have not wasted my life.”

No comments: