Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Its Like A Fire!

But His word was in my heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, I am worn out trying to hold it in, I can’t do it! Jeremiah 20:9

When God does something in you - or in your life - it becomes a part of your experience! It becomes part of your testimony! I don’t know about you folk - but I just can’t keep quiet about what the Lord has done for me!

Psalms 34:1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalms 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks to the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever.
Psalms 113:3 From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised.

Jeremiah while trying to preach the gospel to a wicked people in Jerusalem was mocked, beaten and placed in stocks. No one would listen to him. Utterly dejected, he cried out to the Lord that he could no longer even mention God’s name. Then, he must have felt something stirring inside him for he said, “But God’s word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones…and I could not stay.” Jeremiah 20:7-9

My dear friends here is God’s message to everyone of you who has ever been drawn by His Spirit. He’s telling us, “Don’t let anybody break you down! There is no reason for you to despair. There’s no cause for you to be confused before men. I’ve told you I am with you. I have made a covenant with you. So, there’s no reason for burnout, nor is there any cause for you to quit.”
Folks, it doesn’t matter what hardships you face. It doesn’t matter how badly people treat or abuse you. Your family and friends may even turn against you. But know this - THEY WILL NOT PREVAIL!

God has put a high wall around you. He made His covenant with you and has promised to deliver you! Paul testified, “I know who I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed to him against that day” II Timothy 1:12

You may be almost convinced there’s no spark left in you. What you need my friend is to renew your faith in God’s Word. The only thing that will bring us out of our darkness is faith. And faith comes by hearing God’s Word! The Lord has promised, “I will not let you go down. Therefore, you have no reason to despair. Rest in my Word.”

Dear saint of God, you may be in the midst of the darkest night you’ve ever known. But I do know this: God has put a fire in your bones. There may only be a tiny spark left, but He is faithful to rekindle the flame in you.

Psalms 42:11 Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him who is the health of my countenance and my God.

No comments: