Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Night At Generations

Well here we are in Red Deer. Judi and I are about to start our first day at the Word Of Life Conference. Last night after ten hours on the road we worshipped with a whole bunch of "on fire" young people. Awesome, black lights, bubble gum smoke, loud guitars and drums - cool!
I leaned over to Judi at one point and said, Darrin (our son in covenant) would love this! Then as I saw hundreds of young people, swaying, dancing, jumping and shouting praise to the Lord.. I added Rebecca would love this - and Casey - man I wish he was here and Aaron and Allison... If I could of I certainly would of transported them all here. I do recognize that we, (well me for sure) are getting older, yet we are young at heart. How we long to be part of what God is doing in the lives of those who follow behind us - God have mercy if we can't see or hear what He is doing in their lives. I shudder to think that I can with little difficulty hinder a move of God in the lives of our children and thereby the lives of our grandchildren.

To my children let me warn you, you may think yourself too young to be used of God.... others may consider you too young to be given responsibilities of leadership - the danger is that within a twinkling of an eye you realize that you are too old! GO FOR IT!

Pastors Gary and Kim loved on us and introduced us to more people then I can hope to remember. Brothers and sisters from across the country. One special intro was more of a reunion - Ken Gille an old acquantance from our early Ontario days. Awesome to hear what God is doing. What a difference from our previous connections. There was a genuine sense of "family".

Brian Houston from Hillsong spoke last night. He used Psalm 51 as his platform. He zeroed in on the fact that we need to realize ... "the best is yet to come." He spoke about how we often think of times in the past where we had better relations, better finances, more joy, more passion.... and that not only should we ask God to restore - renew or as the Message Bible says, "do a Genesis week work in me". Yet not "just" as it was but bring us further into the fullness of God's best.

It was very encouraging. We are anticipating a renewed vision and passion for our church in Osoyoos. God has been affirming our recent decisions to go on with our Market Place ministry.
Judi and I love the brothers and sisters God has placed us among at the Gathering Place.

1 comment:

The Meier's said...

So glad you guys are enjoying your time away. We too wish we could have just transported ourselves to be with you there!
We sure love you guys....take in all that God has in store for you!!!!