Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

NO NO NO


Well it is another day in paradise. As I sit pecking away at the keyboard I have a CD playing in the background. "Salvation in Lights" is a traveling tent-revival of an album, working its way up the banks of the Mississippi River from New Orleans through Memphis and onto points north.

This isn't "church music", so pull dear sweet Sister Agnes away from the pipe organ. This is chu'ch music -- gospel, child of the spirituals, born of the blues, put your hands together and can I get an "Amen" music. Mike Farris opens with "Sit Down Servant", with it's "make my feet wanna move" chorus, "I can't sit down, I can't sit down! I just got to Heaven and I can't sit down!"


Any way I'm having a great start to this day... hope you are as well!




No comments: