Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Great News

This has been a very exciting week for our new ministry.

First of all I want to thank those of you who ministered at the Osoyoos Winter Carnival. Judi and Lawerance did an awesome job at the Gospel Jamboree. Judi said there were over 100 people present and Keith bumped that up to 150.... nevertheless it was well attended. There were many positive inquiries regarding our Sunday services.

Secondly we got the lease and our Administration and Ministry offices will be open soon. We've been busy cleaning and setting up, as well as getting to know our neighbors. Special thanks to Lynn - she is a great servant of the Lord. Our new address is 8145 Main Street, and our office phone number will be 250-495-0651.

Third, but certainly not least our proposal for starting Sidley Mountain Cowboy Church in Bridesville was welcomed with open arms by the Bridesville Community Club. We will be meeting the 2nd Sunday of each month at 7:00. Our first service will be March 9th. They were informed that this will be a temporary measure as we are planning on building a community church on our ranch property. Their response to that was very encouraging.

I love it when God's plan starts to come together.

In amongest all these good things came a temptation to get distracted. A pastor in Osoyoos asked me if there was any truth to the rumor that I had left OCC because I had an affair? I laughed out loud... obviously whoever started that rumor doesn't know Judi. If they did they'd know that she is the love of my life, the sweetest and kindest helpmate the Lord could ever give me.... a great wife, mother and friend. I am so very blessed! Having an affair on her would be complete insanity! I was tempted to dwell on this rumor but in accordance to this week's message, I made a choice to refocus my attention on the Lord.

Philippians 4:8 Think on these things, things that are good, positive, just, honest.

I encourage you in times of temptation to focus your mind on the goodness of God. Why? Whatever gets your attention, gets you.

Focus on God’s goodness, This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad. I will bless the Lord at all times ... His praise will continually be in my mouth ... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


1 comment:

Becky Wolfe said...

So excited for all the new things happening in our little town. When can we come see the new office??