Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

YBH Yes But How?

In terms of Bible study methods, you can study someone else's study or you can study the Scripture for yourself.

"Knowledge that is self-discovered is stored in the deepest part of the mind and remains the longest in the memory. There is no jewel more precious than that which you have mined yourself."

I hear and I FORGET
I see and I REMEMBER
I do and IUNDERSTAND

Inductive study focuses first upon the Bible. You need to be willing to lay aside your preconceived notions, pet interpretations, ready references, study notes, sermon tapes, etc, coming to the Scriptures as if FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Prayer: “Holy Spirit I welcome your leading. You have promised to bring me into all truth. Please find me willing to hear what you have for me to learn. Heal me of my pre-conceived ideas and opinions. Remove the wax of worldly knowledge from my ears. Heal me of dull hearing and open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your word.”

No comments: