Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

"Please Sir, May I Have More?"

I have been asking God for permission to do Church differently.

However, every change involves a letting go of one thing to reach out for what is next. So Lord what is it that I am to let go of?

Most of us are perfectly fine talking about Abraham going out without knowing where he was going, simply trusting God to get him there. But, when it is our turn to make the journey of faith, it is usually a different matter.

I know that the kindness, the grace and the thoughtfulness of the Lord are outstanding. So I need not be worried or anxious about these changes.

I am begining to realize that a key focus for me is to develop maturity in people. In the most basic sense I desire to increase people's capacity for fullness in Christ.

My son Casey and I have the same desire... to grow people of love and truth who know how to move in both. to grow them in all aspects of Christ, Developing a commitment to the whole body, and specifically the part they are joined to in fellowship and ministry.

Our lives are dedicated to the training up of our fellowship in the Holy Spirit to live life where we are not subject to events, nor easily deceived, and not taken in by the world, the flesh or the devil…. Together we will prepare for glory!

1 comment:

Becky Wolfe said...

I so appreciate your openess & honesty! In a time & age where "anything goes" getting people excited about church is going to require embracing some changes. But I understand that it is difficult to know 'which ones' to embrace & which to let go of. And to know that not EVERYONE is going to be open to change. Sometimes you gotta ruffle a few feathers.

However, your 'realness' is something so desirable in church these days. Reality TV is the rage, fake stuff is out. Sugar-coating & lofty words are a thing of the past. The fact that you already knows this makes me think you're heading in the right direction.