Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just Do It!


I had a great day on Sunday.... the crowd was a little thin and I was disappointed in that far too few heard the message. However, I was called to preach... God never did let me in on whether it would be to many or a few, He just said preach. So like a farmer I go out each Sunday morning and scatter the seed. I pray it lands on good soil.


This past Sunday's message was both simple and profound. It was basically about obedience.


I concluded with the fact that although the Roman Catholic Church has set the Virgin Mary in a high and lofty place, they neglect the one and only command she ever gave. They’d do well to heed John 2:5 Jesus’ mother said, Whatever he tells you to do, do it.

OBEYING CHRIST IS EVERYTHING!

Luke 6:46-49 Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and not do the things which I say? Whoever comes to me, and hears my sayings and does them, I will show you to who he is like: He is like a man which built a house, digging deep and laying the foundation on a rock: and when the flood waters rose the stream beat violently against that house, but didn’t shake it: because it was built on a rock. Jesus went on to say, he that hears my word and does not do it, is like a man built a house without a foundation, the flood stream beat against that house, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

John 15:14 You are my friends, if you do whatever I command

Let’s go back to the basics…. Mark 12:30-31 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment. The second is, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There’s no other commandment greater.

If you are interested in reading this complete message go to our Sword & Trowel link. Be blessed...



3 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Pastor Ed - thank you for providing your blog as a place we can come and be filled up on your good words. We so appreciate your words - you 'tell it like it is' We appreciate you and Judy so much!

PS - just wait till Judy sees your message title of last Sunday - your in trouble (haha!) - you DID say you want a reaction...

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

Thanks mrs. miles...

I appreciate your encouragement as always. As for Judi?... she knows me far too well to give me trouble over a sermon title... now not doing the dishes while she was gone may be a different matter.

Say hi to your hubby. Have a great day in the Lord

Being Mrs Miles said...

LOL - you would think you would have a dishwasher Ed - it's 2007, right? Well, actually we don't either but then Miles does do dishes... don't let that pressure you tho...

PS - ask Miles what he thinks of the word 'HUBBY' (he he!)