Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Its All About Attitude!


My Heavenly Father knows, and He alone, what it is,
day after day, and hour after hour, to fight against bodily
feelings of almost over­powering weakness and languor and
exhaustion, to resolve, as He enables me to do, not to yield
to the slothfulness, the depression, the irritability, such as a
body causes me to long to indulge, but to rise every morning
determined on taking this for my motto, “If any man will come
after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.”


The preceeding was a statement of resolve made by Charlotte Elliot (1800s) as she lay bedridden for some 52 years. During her struggles she wrote over 150 Hymns, one being "Just As I Am". What a powerful story of God's ability to use us in spite of our lot in life.

No comments: