Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Wrecking Crew

I stood on the street of a busy town,
Watching men tearing a building down
With a ho heave ho and a lusty yell
They swung a beam and a side wall fell
I asked the foreman of the crew, "Are those men as skilled
As those you'd hire if you'd wanted to build?
Ah, no, no indeed, Just common laborers are all I need
I can tear down as much in a day or two
As would take skilled men a year to do
And then I thought as I went my way
Just which of these two roles am I trying to play?
Have I walked life's road with care,
Measuring each deed with rule and square?
Or am I one of those who roam the town
Content with the labor of tearing down?

No comments: