Building great people, because great people build great families and great families build great communities.
To God be the glory!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Question For You....


As I was preaparing for Sunday (after three weeks away) I ran full speed into a remarkable thought. It happened kind of sudden like. I was considering the topic of servanthood vs the selfishness of the modernday church. So here is the question; What is the most important word in John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son.


I believe that most everyone who reads this verse misses it. The most important word in this verse comes after the word "world." God loved so much He did something about it. He actually manifested and demonstrated His love.

In his song, "Asleep in the Light," Keith Green raised the question: Do you see, do you see, All the people sinking down? Don't you care, don't you care, Are you going to let them drown? How can you be so numb, Not to care if they come? You close your eyes and pretend the job's done.

My message for Sunday may cause us to blush but we must address the sad fact that most of Christendom has turned inward. Keith Green goes on; Oh, bless me Lord, bless me Lord! You know that's all I ever hear. No one aches, no one hurts, No one even sheds a tear. But He cries, He weeps, He bleeds, And He cares for your needs. And you just lay back and keep soaking it in.

May God have mercy on us and remove apathy from our midst.

2 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Good word, Pastor Ed. We really appreciate your guidance and leading. This reminds me of what my Mom always used to say... ACTIONS speak louder than words.

The sometimes Irreverant Ed Brouwer said...

Thanks Barb

You and Miles are a very special couple. Judi and I so appreciate your on going support. I am struggling with what I see around me in Christiandom... I weep to think how little we (the church) has really advanced since Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice. Certainly His actions spoke loud and clear - "I Love You". I pray for the day that we his bride can dance freely without hinderance at our wedding day! Even so Lord - come quickly!